We are excited to share with you the new Area Learning Center website! We are part of the most recent phase of website redesign, which District 196 launched at the beginning of the 2019-20 school year.
This is part of the district’s plan to centralize our content management systems and improve communication between schools and families by providing a consistent, user-focused experience across all school websites.
Our new website features a media-rich, mobile-first design that is visually pleasing, practical on content and accessible to visitors with disabilities. The design provides a unified look across the district while allowing each school to maintain its unique identity with the use of colors, logo and content.
Families and students will have front-page access to news and announcements, a calendar of events with social media feeds and reminder alerts, and an innovative search tool that offers predictive text search capabilities.
Highlights of the new website
- Front-page access to news, announcements and calendar events;
- Predictive search capabilities;
- Human-translated language pages and option to translate the page in over 100 languages;
- Content that can be shared across all schools;
- Page pop-ups in the event of emergencies or weather delays/cancellations, and
- Responsive, mobile-friendly design.
We focused on the needs of our student, families and staff when creating our new designs. And we appreciate your patience as we make this exciting change.